Webinar Invitation Lupus in Hispanic Communities: Challenges and Resources to Support Early Diagnosis and Improved Quality of Care
Webinar Invitation Lupus in Hispanic Communities:
Challenges and Resources to Support Early Diagnosis and Improved Quality of Care
Friday, January 27 from 1:00 PM EST to 1:45 PM EST
Please join us for our first healthcare providers’ webinar of the new year, which will include important information on the prevalence and outcomes of lupus among Hispanics, as well as practical tips on the best techniques to discuss a lupus diagnosis with Hispanic patients.
Presenters: Jorge Sánchez-Guerrero, M.D., MSc, Head, Division of Rheumatology, Mount Sinai Hospital/University Health Network and Professor of Medicine, University of Toronto.
Leticia Ocaña, MPH, is the Bilingual Health Educator at the Lupus Foundation of America’s National Office. She is a seasoned health professional with experience implementing health education programs in the areas of skin and breast cancer prevention, tuberculosis, and diabetes self-management. Leticia holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Stanford University and received her Master of Public Health degree from San Diego State University Graduate School of Public Health.
- Data on the prevalence and outcomes of lupus among Hispanics
- Experiences of health care professionals when diagnosing lupus in Hispanic patients including most common misconceptions Hispanics have about lupus
- Best methods to convey the message of the value of early lupus diagnosis to Hispanics
- Concerns raised by Hispanics patients once a diagnosis of lupus is made
- Best techniques to discuss a lupus diagnosis with Hispanic patients and recommend educational materials on lupus.
Who Should Attend:
This webinar is intended for general/internal/family medicine physicians, rheumatologists, dermatologists, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, other allied health professionals, and medical, nursing, and PA students.
- When: Friday, January 27th - from 1:00 PM EST to 1:45 PM EST
- RSVP: Advance registration is required to join the event.
Space is limited to 500 participants – Please check your computer settings in advance to avoid any connection issues. If you cannot hear audio through your computer speakers, you can call in using the telephone number (646) 307-1716. When prompted, enter access code 944-376-556, followed by the audio pin provided. Please try to log in 5 minutes in advance so that audio links can be made.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We look forward to having you join us for this important webinar presentation.